Flower vases can be made using different materials. Paper, plastic bottles and moss are some of the most common items used to make flower vases.
Here we will show you how to make elegant flower vases using discarded plastic bottles. They can be used to keep both natural and artificial flowers. You can also fill these vases with pebbles before filling them with water for keeping fresh flowers.
We use a lid of comparatively large container as a base for the flower vase. To paint the flower vase use painting brush or spray paint.
Step 1: Materials required
1) Plastic bottle
2) Natural flowers or Artificial plants
4) Lid of a container
1) Iron box
2) Cutting blade
3) Glue gun
4) Acrylic paint or Spray paint
Step 2: Vase
Use plastic bottles to make the vase. For that,
1) Take any plastic bottle. Decide how big you need the vase to be and choose bottles accordingly.
2) Cut out the top quarter of the plastic bottle
3) Using a hot iron box curve the edge of the plastic bottle that is cut out. Slowly glide the brim of the plastic bottle on the exterior of the iron box in a spherical motion.
4) Now take a lid of a container. So as to get a good shape for the flower vase the lid should have a size approximately equal to the brim of the bottle.
5) Apply hot glue at the centre of the lid top and fix the bottle head on to the top of the lid.
Step 3: Painting the vase
1) Paint the flower vase using acrylic or spray paint. The colour can be your choice. Let it dry and after a few minutes later apply a second coat.
Step 4: Add plants or flowers
Finally, you can place any plants or flowers of your choice inside the flower vase. It can be fresh flowers or artificial flowers
1) To keep artificial flowers you can fill the vase using sand or pebbles.
2) Before keeping fresh flowers fill the vase with water
Step 5: Flower vase
The flower vase is ready for display. As it’s a recycled plastic bottle craft it’s a cheap flower vase but that doesn’t make it any less attractive.